Monday, January 24, 2005

Welcome to scholar.india.com

"Stand on the Shoulders of Giants" says the punchline on Google Scholar.

The humanity as a whole has performed a lot of research and learning, but someone must put that research on the Web, so Google (or others) can index it.

This is my attempt to document such offline research on India on the web, so researchers can benefit from the work done in the past. I will cover scholarly, and semi-scholarly publications published both from India as well as about India.

-Vikas Kamat
(Editor)

1 Comments:

Blogger KL said...

That would be a nice thing to do. I am also hoping to do such things on my blog, though I would like to do the research myself (small research, not anything scholarly) and publish them. But, i guess some of the subjects can be pretty controversial and I don't know how others will take it. Also, this means I can use your blog to do some of my research :). So, all the best. Thanks.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home